Application for Doris Duke Fellowships: Cohort Five
The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago invite outstanding doctoral students to apply for the Doris Duke Fellowships for the Promotion of Child Well-Being--seeking innovations to prevent child abuse and neglect. These fellowships are designed to identify and develop a new generation of leaders interested in and capable of creating practice and policy initiatives that will enhance child development and improve the nation’s ability to prevent all forms of child maltreatment. Because the prevention of child maltreatment requires knowledge and collaboration from diverse fields, the fellowships are multidisciplinary in scope and approach.
To learn more about the Doris Duke Fellowships, click here
Eligibility Requirements for Cohort Five
- Applicants must be doctoral students who will have substantially completed their coursework by August 31, 2015.
- Each applicant's dissertation must be focused on some aspect of child well-being and the prevention of child maltreatment.
- Applicants can be enrolled at any academic institution in the U.S.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents in the U.S.
- Applicants should identify an academic and policy mentor.
- Applications must be submitted between August 15, 2014 and December 15, 2014.
You can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Doris Duke Fellowships and the application process in our FAQ document.
An informational webinar will be held on October 14, 2014 from 11:00-12:00 PM CDT. Fellowship staff will be addressing common questions about applying for the Doris Duke Fellowships. To register, click here.
Instructions for Applying
The application instructions provide detailed information on how to complete, save, and submit all components of your application. Please read the application instructions carefully prior to beginning your application. We recommend printing these instructions and referring to them while completing your application.
Download Application Materials
Each application component should be downloaded and saved to your computer. Upon completion, please submit these components, as well as your current Curriculum Vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Form
- Personal and Research Statement
- Academic Mentor Form
- Policy Mentor Recommendation Form
- Other Recommendation Form
- Letter of Commitment Instructions
For questions regarding the application, please email email@example.com.